Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Tomato Fresh Pasta Sauce


Courtesy of my friend Faylynn Owen. I bought some beautiful local tomatoes yesterday. I'm gonna give this a try tonight.


Subject: tomato sauce
3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut in 1/2 inch pieces,
1 clove garlic minced fine
1 small onion minced fine
8 large basil leaves chopped fine or 1/2 tsp dried
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried
1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 dried
11/2 tsp salt, black pepper to taste
1/2 cup olive oil
juice from 1 lemon
Place tomatoes in a bowl, add everything else and mix well. Serve sauce at room temp
I usually blanch the tomatoes in the water that I'm going to cook the pasta to make them easier to peel. This sauce can also be made a day ahead of time and refrigerated. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment